• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The sims & 6600gt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

Ok, my girlfriend plays the sims..shes got this dulex pack thing..anyways

i upgraded her computer to a 6600gt awhile ago. and reinstalled windows. it works great in many games..but i cant get her sims to work.

lastest drivers, so that should be a prob..

heres what happens...either it just wont start or starts to a black screen. or it starts and when you go to view a house..it gets all screwy up.

So, i ask ..is there anything we can do ...maybe a patch??

i really dont want to go back to her old 9550. (casue that cant play oblivion..and shes been playing oblivion on the 6600gt alot)

Well its all one big thing..and it wont work unless all the expansion patchs are on.

its TS1..i am trying to get TS2..i know that would work.

gona try some older drivers..

Latest patches and drivers is all I can think of, my brother runs it off a Celeron processor and 256mb of RAM so it has to be software related.

It's probably cause of the latest driver see I had a FX5200 using a series 6 driver I wanted to play Need For Speed Underground 2 but the game kept crashing when trying to load.

I downgraded to 59.72's they worked perfectly but I found it strange cause every other game I played on my FX5200 using the series 6 drivers worked. Except that 1 so downgrade your driver by 1 say your using the 81.98's like me get the one's below see if that works. And carry on till it will alot of messing around but it'll be worth while since it's for your G/F.

I found TS1 to run better on ATI cards over Nvidia cards. And TS2 to be the reverse.

try changing your screen resolution to the same resolution as the game plays at, 1024 X 768 I believe is the default, might be 800 x 600 for TS1, either way, try that.

Also disable hardware acceleration, you don't need it having a new system anyway, you are hardly getting graphic hang ups.

I had that exact problem. This probs won't work for you but it can't hurt trying.

Uninstall The Sims.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART. Delete your The Sims folder PrgramFiles/Maxis. Then download The Sims Eraser (from http://www.thesims.ea.com ) and run that.

Then install again and go for it.

Back