• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to get Intel HD 630 Graphics more Memory in Windows 10.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I bought my daughter a Dell Inspiron i5 3668 desktop with Windows 10. She only wants to play SIMS 3 and write term papers. I'll not go into why I haven't upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I'll also will not go into why I didn't just build her a computer myself...
All is happy at home until i get told that that SIMS 3 requires 512mb of video memory to run. I run GPU-Z to see what info their is on the Intel Graphics. I look under the Memory Size and it has N/A listed. I have looked in the BIOS for a video memory setting, there is not one.
How do I increase the video memory for the game to run/work???
I run a tweeked version of Win 7 for benching so I have a good feeling that it's a Windows 10 problem. I just don't know Win 10 enough to fix the problem through Windows :(
I can always install a GTX-260 if I need to but I'd want it back for benching :) :thup:

most computers force you to the bios to gain gpu memory

There should be a setting in the bios somewhere for video memory size. I do not believe you can adjust it through windows.

If you cant find it, ask dell. :)

I think Intel claims max video memory at 64 GB. Found this
Graphics Video Max Memory
The maximum amount of memory accessible to processor graphics. Processor graphics operates on the same physical memory as the CPU (subject to OS, driver, and other system limitations).
So the OS may be limiting it due to the overall RAM amount.

So the OS may be limiting it due to the overall RAM amount.
?

Do we know how much RAM is in this sytem in the first place? Even if its only 4GB, it should still be able to allocate 512mb.....mm just needs to find the option in the bios. :)

And the ones that don't usually let Windows allocate memory from RAM to the GPU automatically (up to a point, usually 1gb-2gb). We don't know what the hardware is though, and the website ONLY has drivers and support for Ubuntu/Windows 10. Might simply be a driver issue.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/product-support/product/inspiron-3668-desktop/drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...n-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-630.html

This. I think it is dynamic within limits.

Back