• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

optimum online...BS service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jopapa1267

Anyone recently get their damn 15/2 free upgrade ? Well i just got it in edison, nj 08820 and its retarded. Even though i have faster speeds now... ALL MY PORTS ARE BLOCKED. Everyones complaining about that bs now. Its ridiculous...it doesnt just effect p2p, but it also effects gaming!!! wtf...now i can create games in like wacraft 3. Well i just wanted to let you guys know before you guys jump on the optonline boost...god i hate bs services! when with FIOS come to me?

Ahhhhh FIOS! Well, my comcast is pretty crappy and I see Verizon running fiber all over my area but they have no idea when it's going to be ready. I want it so bad! :(

well i have optimum online i live at the tip of long island, do u have to upgrade? how much faster? have u tried calling them up and seeing whats up?

Amarkarian said:
well i have optimum online i live at the tip of long island, do u have to upgrade? how much faster? have u tried calling them up and seeing whats up?

lol. well it depends on your area. Some areas like mine are getting the free upgrade from 10/1 to 15/2. I did call them up and they said the same exact bs that everyone else is reporting. something about "optonline's service is to only provide internet for browsing and checking email". Then they give u bs on how no ports are blocked and it must be on my side...either my router or firewall. too bad i havent changed any settings ever since i port fowarded my router and turned off my firewall. I checked both of them, and the are set correctly too. I love how OOL lies to their customers.

Well I haven't had any problems, by the way the upgrade is free for all optimum online users afaik if you want to check just run their speed check app. What have you been trying to do, I want to try it on my side and see if I get the same problem.

TCP and UDP filetered, that was my result but I'm behind a router and software firewall though.

jopapa1267 said:
"optonline's service is to only provide internet for browsing and checking email".

:eh?: What are they smoking?! Why would sombody want to pay for crippled internet service? That's like buying a new car without an engine.

I'd be very upset too.

BTW, thanks for that link. It's cool to know that stuff.

Optimum online is very greety, and you are not allowed to run a server with the standard service and that includes p2p but I never had any problems with it though, but if you want you can pay an extra $10 a month to double the bandwidth get 1gb email accounts and a space to upload a webpage.

Back