• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas for a window?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

so right now im modding my cheap $40 server case i just bought last week and im up to the part where i want to cut a window out of the side. i was thinking about some designs but im not too sure which one to pick. the only requirements i want is to have two 80mm fans on the side, one blowing on the northbridge and one on the ram. this is what my side panel looks like so far:

104_0439.jpg

that 80mm fan is about where i want it and ill place another one on the bottom left of it. here are some of my ideas so far.

Concept 1

Window1.jpg

Concept 2

Window2.jpg

Concept 3

Window3.jpg

Concept 4

Window4.jpg

Concept 5

Window5.jpg

i think im leaning more towards wither 4 or 5, but 3 is also an interesting concept. let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
concept 3 looks like a cross so I wouldn't use it, unless your a priest and wanna show your pimped out case over at the alter :p

thanks for the feedback guys, but after remeasuring the dimensions and clearance in my case i think im only going to go with a simpler design. i wanted to do #4 but in order to do that i have to split the window down the middle. here are the two other concepts im thinking about:

Window6.jpg

Window7.jpg

the first one will be easier to make and it looks a little better so im kinda leaning more towards that. let me know what you guys think.

Back