• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best PSU w/ future proof?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCS911

I need some suggestions on top notch performance PSUs w/ future proof includes highly overclocked CPU and GPU (SLI or CF), price is not included in this discussion, I only want to discuss the performance please name the one you think it's the best in the market

OCS911 said:
please name the one you think it's the best in the market

http://www.zippy.com.tw/P_product_d...wer&pcpw_rfnbr=6&pp_code=Gaming‧PSL-6720P(G1)

One 52A 12v rail. Hard to find at present though - you'd have to contact Zippy's US offices to find one. However, the PSL-6701P and its 45A 12v rail is easily had from servercase.com. These are not quiet PSU's - they're made for servers and are overcooled and overbuilt to make sure they last years in such an environment. Most people who buy these swap in a Panaflo not long after ;)

Antec TrueControl 2.0 550W
Its the only Antec I would recommend nowadays. It comes with a drive bay control panel that lets you increase/decrease 12V, 3.3V, 5V, and case fan speeds on the fly. If I add more hardware, or overclock more, all I have to do is turn it up a notch :) I am really pleased with this PSU.

forgot to mention that I already have PC P&C 510 SLI so I need something better :) currently my PSU is still holding strong rails but it seems about to be underpower for future proof for highly overclock CPU and SLI/CF, I'm about to get PC P&C 1KW but does it quieter than 510 SLI?

OCS911 said:
forgot to mention that I already have PC P&C 510 SLI so I need something better :) currently my PSU is still holding strong rails but it seems about to be underpower for future proof for highly overclock CPU and SLI/CF, I'm about to get PC P&C 1KW but does it quieter than 510 SLI?

It is about the same.

The PSU fan is a three bladed 80mm Delta fan

Here are the specs.

Part Number: EFB0812EH
Fan Size: 80mm x 80mm x 25mm
Voltage: 12VDC
Current: 0.22A
Total power: 2.64w
RPM: 4500
Maximum Air Flow: 46.26CFM
Noise ratio: 42 dBA
Bearing: Ball bearing