• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

terran2k

okay I d/led DOS4GW, nvflash 5.13 and dumpbios. What Im trying to do is OC my 6800GT to 400/1100. I do it with coolbits and its stable. I want to flash it to that, plus up the vcore to 1.4v so I can up the Mhz. but I cant seem to get dumpbios to run. I boot to a dos floppy, run dumpbios, but it just returs a bunch of symbols. What am I doing wrong?

I dont think a bios mod will work for the 6800GT, but i could be wrong. You'll most likely need to hard mod it.

If it doesn't work with coolbits I wouldn't even bother trying a softmod to get it working. If anything I'd just do a voltmod, but then again, I'm quite hte DIY guy.

I haven't flashed a BIOS is about a month, and it was the only time I had ever flashed an nvidia card. I'll see if I can dig up a guide though.

Did you use the scaramonga.com guide? That's the one I used for my 6800GT and it worked fine. You may need to use a seperate disk other than the boot disk as the files for the boot disk take up most of a single floppy disk.

I'm currently running 450/1220 on my XFX 6800GT with water cooling on 1.4 volts.

Edit: Also, THIS GUIDE is awesome.

Last edited:
thanks, that guide is better, I was using the sticky up top of the forum, but its a bit dated, anyway, I've got the modded bios ready to flash, just waiting to get a new cooler b4 i do. Thanks

Back