• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with WMP 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCHacker489

Registered
Ok, I am trying to get the information of a CD in Windows Media Player so that I can "RIP" it to my computer, but it wont let me get to the search part, it says that I have to change the privacy settings under Tools-Options. When I go into the Options and then Privacy tab, the boxes that I need to select are dimed. Here is a picture of what it looks like:
wmpproblem5ue.jpg

Any idea's on whats wrong? any idea's on how to fix it?
(I have already tried re-installing WMP10)

The 2 boxes what are not ticked are the ones you want so there the ones that are dimmed right. You could try to re-install WMP10 that might help other than that I don't know.

Check in the registry (Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK) under the following keys (they may not all be present)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Policies | Microsoft | WMDRM

The DisableOnline DWORD Value should be set to 0 (to acquire licenses)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Policies | Microsoft | WindowsMediaPlayer

The PreventCDDVDMetadataRetrieval DWORD Value should be set to 0 (to automatically download the metadata)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Policies | Microsoft | WindowsMediaPlayer

The PreventMusicFileMetadataRetrieval DWORD Value should be set to 0 (to download the titles)

If any of the above DWORD Values need to be modified, right click the Value name and select "Modify" | In the "Edit DWORD Value" dialog that opens, modify the value in the "Value data" field... and make sure the "Hexadecimal" radio button is ticked.

Ok, I got it, it looks like the first key (under the Local Machine part) wasn't even there. The other 2 were and they were set to 1 for some reason, I changed them to 0, restarted WMP and then went into options and turned them back on and it worked 100%, THX ALOT
:attn: :beer:

Back