• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Typical temperatures for a P4 630 and a scythe ninja?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pastrami

Registered
Just got my new rig. going last night, haven't done any overclocking yet as I wanted to make sure everything was working fine first.

I ran a short torture test with prime95 and the temperature went up to 43-45C, is this normal, should I expect lower temperatures? I do have a fan installed as well.

TIA!

how long is a piece of string :p , seriously temps on any cpu can vary due to case cooling , ambient temps , any overclocking , etc etc. that sounds fine on air cooling , as ive always been told or read on this forum , as long as it doesnt go rocketing past 60'c under full load (or idle!) things are normally ok.

well as they have said. i can say my 530j 1mb less cache. running with out fans on the ninja loads at 43c with it running @3.6ghz with no Voltage increase. @ stock speed and volts were talking 39c load. pressies can take heat for longterm use you want to keep around 55c max as geting to 60c plus(in my case@ 4ghz with 1.5v) caused thermal throttling.

Well im running a less expensive heatsink, ac freezer 7pro, and with my 630 stock it loads at 43.5, idles at 26-28, overclocked to 3.9ghz it loads at 47-50.

my 630 did 48°C with stock @ 3200 RPM (extremely loud) So i bought a Blue Orb II. Temps went up 3° for both idle and load... but it was quiet and good looking. Put some As5 on it, couldn't belive the change, my idle stayed the same but my load went from 51 to 38... unbeliveable if you ask me. I also put 2 more case fans while i was at it, so that could effect it a little mroe to. Just something to compare to, try getting some AS5 on that beast. Also, 45°is fine, these 630's have went up to 65° from what i heard.

Back