• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just bought a EVGA 6600LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dante13

Registered
I just bought this card and I installed it and everything. So, far I am pleased with the purchase of this card. Although, I have heard that it tends to crash a lot. Well, mine did. It's crashed once on me and I was wondering how I could check my rig's temperatures. Maybe overheating being the culprit to this. Oh, and I checked the bios and my video card is 256mb while in the bios the AGP aperture is 128mb. Should I make that 256mb? Anyone help? I hope that I can get some help. I am pretty much a noob to temps on a PC. Oh, and how can I check if my fans are all running at what speed? And, if the heatsink on the video card is working. Thanks for the info

as far as i know i put my aperature setting to half of my system ram. so if u have 1 gig put it to 512, i remember reading this somewhere so id wait for a second opinion to chek ur temps theres an option to do so in ur nvidia control panel, it just says temperatures.

what chipset are you running? in the 6600le anf gt theres some problems with some sis and via chip sets that cause the card to crash alot.

Well, my motherboard is really old. I think it might have a problem with it it's a socket 478 board and it's a L4S5MG+- SIS651 chipset. I think I need to update it. But, I don't know where to go

Back