• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning in WORKS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK heres the story.

I have a P4 3.0ghz 800mhz HT northwood. About a month after i got it i started ocing it (this was 2 yrs ago) i got it up to 3.735ghz (249x15) at a deadly 1.72 volts stock being 1.525.... so i didnt keep it there long and it was HIGHLY UNSTABLE... i had to coax windows into starting up... so i found the "highest" stable oc i could get with no overvolt... 3.6ghz 240x15 5x4 divider but then i just went back to stock untill about a month ago, when i realized my mobo had dividers on it so i got back into ocing it... this time instead of the mobo doing auto dividers i kept it at 1:1, i got an oc of 3.45ghz 230x15 with my ram running at that same speed and not being divided... performance increase was quite noticible, so for the past month i have been at 3.45ghz playing bf2, cs, encoding movies... the works and today i got back into ocing my cpu...

Lets just say i was simply amazed... the thing would do 3.750ghz 5x4 divider no prob at 1.5375v, it wasnt all that stable... crashed after 5 min of prime95 so i took it down to 3.695ghz 5x4 divider stock voltage... AND IT ACTUALLY started up! it seems pretty stable i have been at prime95 for the past 2 hrs ... no errors ... lets just say this will be my normal oc for awhile, and let the cpu burn in...

People BURN YOUR CPUS IN!!!!

also is there n e way 2 run 2 instances of Prime95 on an HT processor... i looked in the task manager and im only using 50% of the cpu...

Back