• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended Board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t12an_peter

Registered
I am building a system for a friend. I'll be using a Pentium 4 @ 3.2GHz Prescott CPU, with DDR2 (DDR400 if possible), a GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express, and a Forton 450W PSU. What is a good motherboard for this setup? I was going to get him the ABIT AW8 motherboard, but it's $130 on NewEgg, and he doesn't want to spend that much. So I haven't been able to find a substitute. He isn't going to overclock, and will play games such as Half-Life 2, WOW, and Oblivion, but not at a hardcore level. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Well let's see, a Intel question should have gone in the Intel section because I don't know anything about Intel boards. Here is what I do though, go into the store you plan to purchase the board from, now look at all the board choose the chipset you want, the features you want and the brand you want for the price your willing to pay and there you have your board, although I would in this case recommend a board with an nVidia chipset as those are faster at non overclocked speeds, but look at online reviews since this is nVidia's first Intel chipset not all mobo makers have been able to implement it correctly.

Back