• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark Scores low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WheaT

Ok, i have dual evga 7900GT's in sli, both stock speeds. The rest of my rig is in my sig.

What seems a bit off for me is my 05 score which is 8750, and my 06 score of 4830. This just seems a bit low compared to what I have seen. Am i wrong? And if im right any suggestions? this is on a fresh install.

WheaT

Something is wrong, because I got around 4500 w/ my "old" 7800gtx 256 in 3d Mark 06, and I think 8500 or so in 3D Mark 05 w/ the 7800gtx.

In 3Dmark06 w/ my 7900gtx512 I got around 6150, so you should be higher. I'm thinking yours should be around 8-9000 at least in 30mark 06.

Here are some questions,

(1) Do you have the SLI connector in place, securly?
(2) Did you flip that "thing" on the north bridge?
(3) Have you configured your cards in SLI w/ the Nvidia driver settings?

:)

WheaT said:
Ok, i have dual evga 7900GT's in sli, both stock speeds. The rest of my rig is in my sig.

What seems a bit off for me is my 05 score which is 8750, and my 06 score of 4830. This just seems a bit low compared to what I have seen. Am i wrong? And if im right any suggestions? this is on a fresh install.

WheaT
Did you make sure to set the board into SLI mode in the BIOS? (There's two settings that need to be adjusted.) . . . Also, have you seen this guide?

I do have the two settings in bios adjusted. They have to be otherwise sli wont even be recognized in windows. Atleast with my DFI. Whats interesting is my drivers provide very little adjustment for my sli cards. I cant even see thier individual temps. And no, i havnt seen that guide but im going to look at it right now :) Am i missing something here?

Well i did everything on that guide and my score improved to 7455 in 06. I still feel it should be higher. Maybe after i get this thing OCed and the gfx cooled better and get those oced i might be able to get up around 8500+. Are these still too low considering my system?

Here is the final screenshot
06.JPG

WheaT

I know for a fact your cpu will bottleneck that card if its under 2.6 and the card is stock....

if you OC the card then you bottleneck it more...

I needed about 2.6 on a x2 3800 not to bottleneck an overclocked 7800gtx.... nevermind an SLI setup...

Back