• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Core Duo ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fatccrunner

Registered
I've been looking into buying a new laptop since about January or so but a friend of mine said something about the Core Duo technology being a little faulty or buggy or something back when I asked him about it a few months ago.

Its getting to be about crunch time and Im looking to make a purchase within about a month. I wanted to make sure that either (1) that information was never true and the technology has been completely fine or (2) by now, the bugs have been fixed and everything is just dandy.

So if anyone could help me out with whether or not Ill be alright to go ahead and purchase a new laptop with a Core Duo Processor or if I should just get a Solo? or try to wait a few more months (I absolutely have to have it by August when school starts but could really use it over the summer).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

yep and with a bios update for the lappy you should be able to just drop in Merom.

Back