• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oblivion sneak\invisibility question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I was hoping someone could tell me how to better sneak attack with the invisibility spell. For some reason when I turn invisible and go into sneak mode the enemy almost always sees me as my blade starts to swing even though I'm behind them. It seems like theres some delay when attacking from invisibility but I'm not sure. This was my favorite trick in Icewind dale and I must make it work! Please help.

Its a bug, when you are invisible as soon as you try to attack you become visible and only then you go back into sneak mode again but in that time you are treated the same as if you are not using sneak.

while invisible and behind enemy, cast paralyze and swing away. each attack will be a sneak attack.

and i think the you cant be aggroed (no battle music)

Hmmm. The weird thing is it works about 1 in 4 times which I don't get. I think maybe if you strafe away from the side they're turning towards so your still directly behind them when the weapon connects the sneak attack works. It seems to be a little easier with a dagger. I'll try the chameleon thing and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think I sort of figured it out. If I turn invisible, run behind an enemy, stop, press sneak, then attack, it seems to work every time so far. I have no idea why but if I stay in sneak mode the entire time it doesn't work. It seems like no matter how good you are at sneaking you can only do it for so long before you have to come out of it and then re-sneak, at least when your walking around.

The common thread seems to be the enemy's level of alertness. If I wait about 20 seconds after I turn invisible the enemies calm down and resort to normal behavior. If I try to attack too soon after I vanish they see me attack and turn around before the blow connects. It just worked 15 times in a row so I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm now finished talking to myself.

Back