• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI All-In-Wonder 256MB AGP X800XL is it good for new games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Canadien

Registered
I'm mostly gaming so is this card good for future graphics technology?

is this card comparable to x1600 version?
does it have shader 3 and is it future compatible?
Its selling for same price as x1600, so is this a better choice, or is x1600 still better option?

Decent card, but no native SM3 support. Do you need the AIW features? If not, get a regualr card. It will play many newer games, but not at the highest settings.

is SM3 very important for new games?

bchur83 said:
Decent card, but no native SM3 support. Do you need the AIW features? If not, get a regualr card. It will play many newer games, but not at the highest settings.

Could I still play those game without SM3, and what are AIW features?

Is x1600 superior to this card, looking at price this card has higher regular price is this legitemate or is x1600 better all around?

get the best card you can for the money you have. let us know how much u can spend and what ur system spec is and we can help you out.

The AIW gives you a TV Tuner, and A/V inputs/outputs. As for SM3, even native SM3 games should play, just without SM3 optimizations. I'm not sure about the x1600, I think it would be slightly lower of a card, except that it supports SM3.

I have a regular X800XL and it keeps up with the games I play, but I dont have the very newest games like Oblivion, etc.

I got asus p4p800, and 2.4 ghz version C computer

[SaS]hornet said:
get the best card you can for the money you have. let us know how much u can spend and what ur system spec is and we can help you out.

I'm buying one of 21" widescreen monitor soon, so something to complement big screen would be good.
I am going from 9800 and would like to minimize the cost but would also like to see good performance boost, and would like to play all new games coming out!!

Could I play oblivion with this X800XL card?

would X800XL hold me back or is this card comparable to x1600?

Back