• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need opinion of upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chubchubcullen

So yeah, I didnt really know where to post this.. anyways I'm almost 100% sure I fried my AIW (still dont know now) and I have a 5900XT lying around (oh god...) I was originally going to wait for dx10 and then upgrade my system entirely but I'm coming home for the summer and Im going to be playing games (fear, quake4, source games, maybe oblivion or for my comp.. oldblivion haha).. so I was wondering if I should:

1. just stick with the 5900 until i upgrade
2. find a very good deal on a agp card
3. maybe go with a cheap cpu/mobo + good pcie videocard

I'm pretty low on cash right now or else id just upgrade everything. also if i upgraded to like a x800gto or maybe 6800gs what would be bottlenecking my system? (see signature). probably my crappy mobo? what do ya'll think? any suggestions are welcome. thanks.

If you went with the X800GTO, the CPU would be the only bottleneck I can see. The mobo wont be a bottleneck IMO, its only area of concern would be OCing.

Except for upgrading, that card is one of the best you can do for little money.

Back