• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going X1900XTX Crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im not sure about 3d mark but I wish I could afford that setup. Right now however im still in need of a better psu for my single card x1900xtx. On its current 760/875 oc atitool reads that it is pulling 40A. That might not be 100% accuratee but my 12v drops from 12.1 to 11.7v. I'm looking into getting a 700W ocz gamexstream. You might want to do the same for your crossfire setup. I'm sure 2 stock xtx's will draw quite a load on there own.

Brian

There's no way a single card can pull 40A. That would mean it's using 480W 12x40=480!! A sinlge card will use about 100W - 200W.

Easily over 10k in 06. Most users hit 10-12k range with crossfire from what I have seen with a good dual core setup.

I look forward to your results..... hopefully you'll submit some benchmarks and maybe join our 3DMark Teams? See link in my signature.

goon said:
Yes, I am looking forward to pushing them to the max and see how well they can perform. :attn:
First off that PSU is a TANK! But if you're gonna push those cards along with a CPU, you're gonna need that PSU.
One last thing, unless you go with extreme cooling on either the CPU or the cards you're not hitting 10k in 06. Good luck with the system, can't wait to see you're results.

Dont mean to thread jack but I thought I've read if you have a mobo with the ATI Express 3200 chipset you can run crossfire without the mastercard. I.E. 2 X1900XTX's...is that true? anyone confirmed it?

RangerXLT8 said:
First off that PSU is a TANK! But if you're gonna push those cards along with a CPU, you're gonna need that PSU.
One last thing, unless you go with extreme cooling on either the CPU or the cards you're not hitting 10k in 06. Good luck with the system, can't wait to see you're results.

That PSU will probably cause a nuclear melt down right there in his home.:drool:

Illyest said:
Dont mean to thread jack but I thought I've read if you have a mobo with the ATI Express 3200 chipset you can run crossfire without the mastercard. I.E. 2 X1900XTX's...is that true? anyone confirmed it?

Not for X1800 or X1900's

I am back!!
I have not had a chance to push that baby much yet, but my 3dMark06 is hitting > 10K easily !!!:p

Back