• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you guys help with a 17 /19 inch monitor choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolv34ine

Hi guys.

I am looking at getting a tft monitor. I am looking at several like the ViewSonic VX724 ( though this one is not height adjustable, and Dells range have poor response times....

I am new to schmoozing about for monitors and could use some advice. The monitor is for gaming but I will be using it for photoshop/ 3d stdion max etc as I am a game developer, and need some suggestions, can anyone give me any suggestions and/or recommendations?

From experience Illyama are nice monitors, but I am really torn..

Might try taking a look at the Egg at 19" or bigger Wide screen LCD monitors with a refresh rate of atleast 12ms

Since 17s have the same maximum resolution as 19's does that mean that the dot pitch for the 19 is less than the 17?

I appreciate the tips guys, good links an thankyou:)

Not sure about that, but I'd get a 19" over the 17" for the increase in screen size.

And :welcome: TO THE FORUMS!

I have the Viewsonic VX724 (17") for my new build and I love it. I would look into the VX version of the 19" or a 19" Samsung. Samsung makes great monitors as well.

Back