• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000venice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go with something better. If your looking for an upgrade. I'd wait just a bit longer till conroe comes out. However, the venice can oc quite well but i'm not too sure about now a days.

Im not going to wait for conroe, 2 weeks from next thursday i will be getting my new rig. I dont really care if conroe has twice the performance than the venice because my current system is running the games i play and this new rig is more than 3 times powerful so im not to concerned. :)

Jacobman said:
Are the newer ones from the egg still overclocking good?
you will do just fine w/ the BP package. CG were iffy but according to latest newegg reviews you should be able to overclock ~2.7ghz.
a good inexpensive A64 upgrade is a smart move and your system will last you till next upgrade without feeling left out of the new generation CPU's. Both AM2 and Intel's new core will be expensive upgrade at this time. I am waiting till next year and get me a K8L. No matter how bad I try to convince myself to test Intel’s I end up resisting.
Yeah , I dont care how good the new Intel's may be, I dont know what it is, psychologically I feel I am suffocating every time I think of FSB. It may has something to do w/ bottleneck-fobia that make me feel I am choking when I hear FSB.
Anyway, make sure you get a reasonably priced mobo w/ it. I recommend Asrock dual sata if you have AGP or Epox GLI(the new Uli1697 will hit the market in a week or 2)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537
http://www.cybersprinter.com/item_description.asp?prodid=3028

Are the opty 144's a good choice also, heard they didnt clock as well as the 146's, but if it gos up to 2.7ghz than that would be more than enough. Also do they come with the stock xp-90c with the delta fan?

Jacobman said:
Are the opty 144's a good choice also, heard they didnt clock as well as the 146's, but if it gos up to 2.7ghz than that would be more than enough. Also do they come with the stock xp-90c with the delta fan?
144 and 146 come w/ regular hsf, and 165 comes w/ heatpipe.
144 is as good as 146, but 146 has 10x multi.
I thought you were interested in cheap upgrade. If not, I would go w/ 165 opty or wait little longer until AM2's are out.

Well yea, but if its only like $40-50 more than i might fork out for it. I plan to use this rig for 1.5-2 years at least.

Opty 144
Epox w/Uli
2gig G.skill extreme ddr500
512meg x1800xt
OCZ GameXStream 600

Back