• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Else's CCBWE 0550UPMW a Dud?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
I know that nothing is certain with overclocking even with steppings. But I was just curious as to if anyone else on this forum with the Opteron 170 CCBWE 0550UPMW stepping is having problems getting above 2.6ghz. I isolated this to my processor. My motherboard can handel upto 292 FSB with overvolt turned on and my ram running on a dividor. I tried getting to 2.7ghz this morning so I took my FSB back down to 270 and multiplier back up on my proc to 10 and it wouldnt boot into windows on stock voltage. So i upped to voltage and I could finally get to the windows Desktop pushing 1.45volts through the proc. BUt this wasnt prime stable, Core 1 would shutdown prime95 after 2 seconds and core 2 would shut down prime after 22minutes. Im afraid to go above 1.45 on air cooling. So does anyone think Watercooling will help me get above 2.6 or you think mine is a dud?

Meh, you're all just a bunch of wusses. My chip hit the wall at 2.4! I've got an XP120. What do I run my chip at now to get to 2.6? 1.6.

I must be nuts, I run my A64 at 1.55v+ sometimes 1.6 or more although only for benching. I have lifted the temp monitor inside the socket a bit, but at load usually around 63C under load. Am I killing it?

see if it will prime at 300x9. a lot of the dual core chips are more stable at lower multipliers. i've had a couple 165's that were more stable at 375x8 than they were at 334x9.

I have an older 170 Opty but Mine basically hits a wall at 2.6Ghz and takes another .1V to get 80Mhz more.

If your hitting 50C currently I wouldn't consider putting more volts into it. 50C is the limit what most of us go by for the temp.

Top Secret said:
Meh, you're all just a bunch of wusses. My chip hit the wall at 2.4! I've got an XP120. What do I run my chip at now to get to 2.6? 1.6.

Im hitting 2.6 on stock voltage.

my 0551 UPMW will do 2.4 on stock volts but needs 1.425 to hit 2.5.. I haven't gone any higher, but I'd imagine the wall once I watercool will be around 2.7 at 1.55 volts. I'll probably order another chip and sell this one. The CCBWE steppings are crap, relatively speaking, of course.

Back