• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why isnt my sk6 doing its job

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brooklN

Registered
My sk6 isn’t cooling well at all!
(It is very nice to look at, no defects)
The only temp i can get right now is from the bios of my
AK31v3.1

Says 50c (after running for about an hour)
I have that delta vacuum strapped on too!

The range has been 47c - 52c
But what the hell! That fan is Loud!!! It should be working.

I have reset the sink and ASII now Bios usually says
47c

OH! I also had to drop CPU voltage by - .50 to get the PC stable enough in DOS to copy the 98 install dir to c: and the complete the install.

How can i tell that the sink is making good contact with the CPU when there both in the case? (Mirror and a flashlight?)

So anyway now that i have an OS the PC still crashes.
Is 50c too hot?

I installed MBM last night but i have to figure it out
And my glactor2 is coming today. Sk6 is too loud anyway.
thanks

I would suggest making sure its seated correctly... when i first got my sk-6 i didn't seat it correctly and got 46C full load temps now that it is on correctly its 34C full load see how much a big difference that is.. and if you use artic silver it should lower it by a few C as well.... hope that helps you.... btw i have a y.s.-tech fan on my sk6 and i love it not as loud as a delta but still 40cfm of air or sumthin like that

Im not sure at the moment,
but i think it was about 80F
My case was open on both sides too.
Maybe i should open my windows.

brooklN said:
Im not sure at the moment,
but i think it was about 80F
My case was open on both sides too.
Maybe i should open my windows.

Can't you people post all your figures in either C or F :D
Anyway, that's not hot for the inside of a case, sounds like it's definitely a problem with the fit of the HSF.

Back