• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilsoljha3

Registered
I just got my new mobo from newegg, DFI Lanparty nf4 SLI-D UT whatever. I connected everything and when i go to connect the power to the mobo, I noticed I had a 20pin cord and the mobo connection is a 24 pin. Is there some way to get around this or do I have to buy a new PSU?

And if I have to buy a new one, what is a good one for a 7900GT? Also is there a way to tell in voltages which ones are 24pin and which ones are 20pin? Thanks in advance. I wanna get this crazy rig running quick.

You can buy an adapter to go to 24 pin. What psu are you currently using? AFAIK if you pick up a psu, any new one SHOULD have a 24-pin.

I wouldn't bother with an adapter. There are plenty of great PSUs you can get without spending a fortune(look in this forum). And you also somewhat prepare yorself for the future.

Back