• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel customer support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
Holy moly.

I can't believe how long it takes over the phone to get a CPU replaced.

I've been on the phone for about 1 hour.

The customer rep is a moron.

He asked me for ALL the info on the CPU, and the fan. And then asked me what model mother board I had and Rev, and then what BIOS version.

Then he put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and then asked for all the information again?

Has anyone else encounted this long processing time?

rofl, i had almost the same problem. It didnt take THAT long, but they were morons. I finally got an RMA number but my phone kept hanging up so it took about as long as you. But the people that are hardest to deal with are Asus from what ive seen.

-MERKiN

well i had a 3ghz socket 478 that needed to be rma'd along time ago. I told the guy i didnt have the HSF unit.
HIM:no problem just read me the numbers under the sspec.

About 10mins later someone calls from intel to confirm my address. After i sent it in on thursday, come tuesday intel overnighted to me.
i think you got a moron rep on the phone. I have to say rming thru intel was really easy, just as easy as with EVGA. I havent had to rma any other hardware execpt a maxor HD but it went smooth with them too.

Back