• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3, this will make you cringe...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgeNuggets

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32171

Yeah yeah yeah, inquirer blah blah blah but the more you hear about this machine, the worse it gets and from multiple sources too. As good as the PS1 and PS2 were (well at least the software selection and controllers) this is looking bad, very very VERY bad. Any way they do it they're screwed. They should delay it and get the bugs worked out, but Microsoft has beaten them to the street by a year as it is and Wii will be in November so now they're forced to rush0 out a "piece of garbage" that's $200 more than 360 and $300-$400 more than Wii. This is doomed before it even gets started. Bye bye Sony consoles, bye bye Blue-Ray. Sony is already in big $$$$ problems. This will leave them crippled. :( :cry:

This IS the inquirer tho....can't always trust their word (they make those horrid tabloid papers, don't they?)

But, if you were Sony, would you base a major stake in a processor that will have inferior performance? If that IS an actual spec, surely somehow this isnt' going to "cripple" this thing...why would they do that? Just doesn't make sense.
I mean, I don't care either way...I hate consoles and won't be buying one....but it just seems silly to think that "sony screwed up" on one of their MAJOR market items.

jivetrky said:
This IS the inquirer tho....can't always trust their word (they make those horrid tabloid papers, don't they?)

But, if you were Sony, would you base a major stake in a processor that will have inferior performance? If that IS an actual spec, surely somehow this isnt' going to "cripple" this thing...why would they do that? Just doesn't make sense.
I mean, I don't care either way...I hate consoles and won't be buying one....but it just seems silly to think that "sony screwed up" on one of their MAJOR market items.

Sony doesn't give a rats behind about the PS3, they're in it solely to attempt to dominate the market with Blue-Ray. What the end result will be is a POS console with betamax discs. Whoever is "running" Sony these days is actually running it into the ground.

Rozal said:
Common now, sony makes good tv's :D

Their speakers and stereos are decent too, but I predict this PS3 blunder will cost them all the money x3-5 that they make off of Spiderman3. The company is in bad financial shape after all the screw-ups with the DRM CDs and the movie studio producing tons of flops outside of Spidey 1&2. They claim that SONY/BMG music is in the red too because of Piracy (not because of crappy rap and r&b artists making $100,000,000 contracts :rolleyes: ) They also said their sales of CD and DVD players were in the red too.

Kurz said:
Will believe when I see it.

I'll wait and see. Sony has a pretty wide range of products. Besides Spiderman and PS2, their camera line is going to be a top player in another year or two. I think I'll be buying an Alpha this fall instead of a PS3. :)

jivetrky said:

I think that theinquirer is seperate from the enquirer but I might be wrong...

anyways this inq article at least has a picture to support their story unlike many of their "rumors". It looks pretty legit from the picture taken at a Sony dev conference. You can see it says Devstation on it with the Sony copyright info.

"Scheduled to take place from the 1st-2nd March at the Atlantis Gallery in London's Brick Lane, the two day event will cover all aspects of game development for the new console, including graphics, audio, networking, middleware and the PS3 Cell architecture and operating system."

So I think this inq article miiiight have some truth behind it.

Hey look! FudgeNuggets made another "PS3 is going to suck" thread!

Kurz said:
Will believe when I see it.

I'm following this school of thought as well.

And at least this time, the rumor actually has some believable facts, and plausible problems to worry about.

The good thing? I aint buying no dying dinosaur.

And Silver, calm down dude.

He does have a point actually I am hating on the PS3 quite a bit. For no other reason than it being expensive, buggy and a lame attempt to push blue-ray and screw gamers at the same time. Truly, I wish this thing was going to be awesome, was even rejoiced when I they dumped the boomerang controller but sadly the dumping of the boomerang has been the only good news I've heard about this machine.

Anyway, find me a PS3 is going to be awesome article, please!!! I have yet so see one.

heres what I think is most likely gonna happen.

95% of people out there, do not care whats inside a console, as long as that console works, they will want it.
the avereage kid couldnt tell you a single thing thats inside a PS2, even if they owned them for the last 4 years.

if the games look good, and work... they will want it.
regaurdless of how few triangles it pushes, or how long it takes to load a game or anything like that...

if it's got the sony name and hype, kids will be all over it, as long as the games are there....

ok...so if I'm reading this right.....sony is suggesting that authors write code where the cell writes to the shared RAM instead of...what? ..does the cell have it's own memory? I always though of local memory in terms of RAM on a dedicated device like a graphics card.

Kunaak said:
95% of people out there, do not care whats inside a console, as long as that console works, they will want it..

this is the sad truth..and why I got so partially frustrated wth PS2...I had alot of people I know actually think PS2 was "faster" than xbox...which of course is obserd. There's only one thing worse than Sony putting out an expensive hunk of junk console....is Sony putting out an expensive hunk of junk console that most people think is sweet because it has the playstation name and buy it anyway and it's the number one console. Thats what happend last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back