• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165 - CCBBE 0617FPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FATAL ENIGMA

I recently recieved my opty for a new build and was curious if anyone else has OC'ed one of these with this stepping?

I was PM'ed and was told I likely had a "super" chip and got some explanation as to why that is but was just interested to see what someone else's results were with this stepping being OC'ed as I couldnt find any info on it.

you were prolly PMed that because they had not seen a week 17. I have not seen one either and thats what you have. weeks 10 and 15 were great 17 will prolly be better

how can it get any better than the CCBBE 0610 DPMW's?! 3.1ghz on air!!!? @_@

It's a new stepping, hasnt been recorded how good it OC's yet
SO OC NOW!!! :D

bumsquad said:
how can it get any better than the CCBBE 0610 DPMW's?! 3.1ghz on air!!!? @_@

I got 4 of those the other day, sold 2 in about 10 minutes, the other two haven't sold yet. Funny - feast or famine :D

Wow, 3.06 Ghz is definitely nice for any stepping. I wish my mobo could handle over 300 Htt, I think my chip would be getting close to those numbers :shrug: Keep us updated on how it does.

FATAL ENIGMA said:
1st attempt, not too shabby

350x9 here I come :)
so you already have overclocked it to 3060 w/ ram @ 340(DDR 680 , 2.8v vdimm)
all w/ 1.5 vcore (as shown in your sig).
like to see some proof btw.

ochungry said:
so you already have overclocked it to 3060 w/ ram @ 340(DDR 680 , 2.8v vdimm)
all w/ 1.5 vcore (as shown in your sig).
like to see some proof btw.

Not sure how to grab a snapshot from genie bios other than using a standard camera but maybe this is adequate? How does one take a screen grab of the bios?

56af4172.jpg 53da1df0.jpg

FATAL ENIGMA said:
Not sure how to grab a snapshot from genie bios other than using a standard camera but maybe this is adequate? How does one take a screen grab of the bios?
no need for the bios shot, just screenshots of cpuz validation, superpi 32M, and a few hrs of prime95 will do. Not that I dont believe you- It's just common practice to show proof of your claim. helps credentials in long run.
the guardian's chipset and cpu temp is flipped btw.

ochungry said:
no need for the bios shot, just screenshots of cpuz validation, superpi 32M, and a few hrs of prime95 will do. Not that I dont believe you- It's just common practice to show proof of your claim. helps credentials in long run.
the guardian's chipset and cpu temp is flipped btw.
I just ran a CPU-Z validation
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=102648

As far as the prime95 and superpi, I am stable in prime but have never run the superpi

also, I dont understand what you mean the guardian's chipset and cpu temp is flipped btw ??? Can you elaborate please

sike said:
Wow nice! Where can I buy an Opteron knowing I'll get this stepping?

my opty 165 came from newegg, but they will not tell you any stepping info

I've never seen TCCD @ 340Mhz before... even if it is Cas3.

Last edited:
FATAL ENIGMA said:
I just ran a CPU-Z validation
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=102648

As far as the prime95 and superpi, I am stable in prime but have never run the superpi

also, I dont understand what you mean the guardian's chipset and cpu temp is flipped btw ??? Can you elaborate please

my opty 165 came from newegg, but they will not tell you any stepping info
Ok that's more like it on the ram. I havnt seen any TCCD's do 340 (as you have shown in your sig). looks like you are using divider to put it @ 255mhz.
I mean, the cpu temp should be higher than chipset (43c). check the temp during a stress test and which one increases faster. That should be your cpu temp.

Yeah, that's more like it. 255Mhz @ Cas3 is no jaw dropper. Previous post edited. Actually you should be able to tighten that Cas up to 2.5. Nice cpu clock though. :thup:

Back