• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opty150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shmick

Registered
My opty is the cabbage model. After reading about that, I was fairly dissapointed because I have heard nothing but bad things. When I got it a few months back, I wasn't able to overclock it like most people were able to, which added insult to injury. Well I finally bought a zalman 7700 and cut out the grills for my case fans to get better airflow, and to my surprise my opty is running at 2.7ghz. That is a first, but still nothing to brag about. I had the voltage set to 6.6% over. Prime95 failed after a half hour of testing the large and small fft. So I put the voltage to 9.9% (1.5V). So far so good, 3 hours of 2 prime95's without any errors. I tried to get 2.8ghz out of it, but prime95 bombed within a minute. So I guess what I am getting at here is, if I try to get 2.8Ghz out of this chip, iss 11% volt increase too much. I think that would bring it around 1.55v. I don't know what these optys can take for voltage, and I would rather not cook it although it would give me an excuse to get a new chip. ???

Back