• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KR7A-R is awesome !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The picture I saw has no sound connectors. That's quite a rip-off price for a cheap KT266A mobo though. The cheapest I found was $174 and you can't get one until probably December. If you really want one, wait until the pricing gets a little more realistic. Also, what's with the 2 CPUs and 4 motherboards in your sig?

I saw a store with an ETA 11/21/01 which is next wednesday. I hope the delivery is on time but now securities are tight and shipments to resellers might get delay. Abit knows they don't need 6.1 channel onboard sound to get you to buy their board because Abit has SoftMenu III and ATA/133 Raid.

NOWIS said:
Abit knows they don't need 6.1 channel onboard sound to get you to buy their board because Abit has SoftMenu III and ATA/133 Raid.
Exactly:D :D I'm losing some sleep thinking about when the store will call me to pick up my order:eek: The prices you guys get on MotherBoards are crazy!

Interesting....the KG7 does not have onboard sound. I would suspect the KR7 does not have it either. To me, it's no big deal. I'd rather choose my own soundcard anyway. Why pay for what you won't use?:)

For those that are cost conscience.....maybe the new nForce boards would be a better choice?

Onboard sound, video and fast.

A bit pricey for the board, but when you consider you don't need to get a soundcard or video card....................

no board is worth the price tag the Abit's claiming! especially when it really hasn't been any added performance over any other board on the market in any review so far, granted there are few reviews as of late, but i would never pay 200 bones or more for a board that can't offer me all the features they can give us, no lan, no sound, raid's extra!, and the cooler on the chip seems to have no thermal compound from the factory(not a great big deal, but a detail they shouldn't skimp on!) and what's more, it seems to me they're trying to capitalize on name recognition, and not on consumer consciensiousness. I mean, if Soyo and a select other few motherboard manuf can offer the consumers onboard lan and 5.1 audio, with raid, for less than 150 bucks, why can't abit?

Well, the KR7A-R seems to be great in a way that it has ATA133 RAID and it uses KT266A chipset. Btw, what sound card could o/c at high FSB's ?. I am running 163FSB now and I wouldnt want a s/card that will limit my o/c capability. As for now, Im using the EpoX mobo's onboard s/card and its doing fine :)

Back