• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Milestones daily posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ploaf

I was going to start doing milestone posts here in the -forum- unless someone else had any other ideas. A daily update sort of thing. This was suggested by belorsch and the idea has been around for a while and it seems like a good one. What does everone think of this?

Maybe 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 2500, 5000, etc.
I didn't want to do the 25 point one until I thought about it. 25 points with the new client is pretty close to equaling 100 points with the old client and it seems like a good milestone.

Just wanted some ideas/opinions before actually doing this. I am willing to do it unless someone else wants to volunteer. Either way.

Good idea! A little recognition is good for everybody. While we're on the subject, I noticed sickboy hit 500 tonight! That's a nice one!

do you guys want the milestone page updated. just let me know. If you want to see something besides 100, 1000, 10000, then let me know and i'll work on it. I was going to update it again this week anyways.

Thanks Ebola. Might want to throw something in between 100 and 1000, since it's a pretty big gap :). Maybe 50 too. These proteins are taking a lot longer to add up than the old version.
This was just an idea for a very simple daily update in the forum itself, just copy and paste the names and the daily achievements. 'Congratulations for a job well done and for making a certain point.' I figured it would be easier to do it this way on a daily basis without having to update the site every day and it's something that anyone here can do in case whoever is doing it can't or stops or whatever.

I don't think this idea was a reflection on the fine work already being done on the site; perhaps it could just be a thread where anyone could post a spot of recognition when they noticed that one of the members hit a milestone. Then we could have something to cheer about on a daily basis. :p

T. J. said:
I don't think this idea was a reflection on the fine work already being done on the site; perhaps it could just be a thread where anyone could post a spot of recognition when they noticed that one of the members hit a milestone. Then we could have something to cheer about on a daily basis. :p

Exactly. The site is great. This is just a very easy, fast, ultra simple, cheerful update. :D
Still looking for more opinions....

I say "Good Idea".

People like to get props for their achievements and the forum would be a good place to post it because that would keep people coming back here and would let them see other posts / news, etc.

Ebola - I'm not sure how other stat sites work (Statsman, etc), but would it be possible to go and automatically fetch our team stats and then filter them for milestones and have them dynamically updated on our page ? That might be some effort up front, but would save many page updates and looking through the stats. That way, you get the stats, they say that person X has passed 1000 so we put them on the page. Just a thought.

But, that would be in addition to the thread Ploaf is proposing.

Doh!

Somebody hit me with a brick! When I first signed on a couple of weeks ago I couldn't get to the folding site. After trying a couple of times I didn't try anymore so I didn't know about the existing milestone page. I definitely didn't mean to give offense about current site. The lower milestones might help keep on more of the new people though.
Props to Sickboy for reaching 500!
You think a congratulations PM would be too much? Maybe with a link to the milestone page or string. Notice I'm not volunteering for this yob
:p

we had a few problems with the site because our old team leader is now folding with aoa and things took awhile to transfer. long story.

anyways i'm running the overclockers.ws folding site right now so if you have any problems with the site let me, tt120 or sfa ok know.

and i have no clue how to write up stuff like statsman to fetch data.

i should reach 100 points this weekend so there will definantly be an update on the milestones. i think a 500 and 5000 catagory will be added as well.

congrats to pickleloaf on 1000 today.

i am still planing on redoing the layout of the site here sometime once i get time.

Ebola said:

congrats to pickleloaf on 1000 today.

Thanks. :) If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have seen it.
I am still looking to see about a script that can simply be plugged in to the site an work. My experience with this is very limited though.

Back