• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New, Please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsYko420

Hi,
Incase you haven't already noticed I am new to the forum. I just ordered an Alienware computer and noticed that the motherboard (AMD 761) only has TWO:mad: memory slots. So I was wondering if you could help me and tell me the best motherboard for an AMD xp 1900+.

My specs are:

AMD xp 1900+
AMD 761 Motherboard
1g Ram
Geforce3 TI500
Soundblaster Audigy 5.1 Gamer
Plextor 24x/10x Write 40x Read CD-RW Recordable-IDE

I was also wondering what graphics card is better for the price and which one is better overall.
Geforce3 TI500
Oxygen Wildcat II

Thanks!

First WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! Instead of going through my boring yadda yadda yadda I'll give you a link. here you go. My suggestion is if you have the $$$ and don't mind paying then go with the Abit KR7A. For video cards I'd check the video and sound card section of this forum. For now I'd say wait and see what ATI does with their drivers for their 8500 card. If you need something right now and again have the $$$ go for a Ti500. Go here to check some info on those cards. Just remember to check out the ATI Radeon8500 card before you decide.

Out of the graphics cards the Wildcat II runs circles around just about any card on the market. Problem is, if you're asking how much it costs, then it's too expensive. The Wildcat II is a professional 3D/CAD card and costs a small fortune. You can find a review of a Wildcat II verses a GeForce 3 here http://www.3dlabs.com/whatsnew/reviews/azken/index.htm Just checked the price of a Wildcat II $1199.00 (Postage is free)

Last edited:
first you need to specify if you meant a Wildcat II or an oxygen card. Either way i'd say don't go with these. But hey if you want the BEST card out there and have $2000-$3000 then go for the Wildcat II;) Othwerwise I'd say the GeForce is better than the oxygen. Both the Oxygen and Wildcat are made more for designing and making graphics rather than gaming.

Back