• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD-RW Installation Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monkeydude99387

I am currently installing a NEC DVD-RW drive, but I've run into a little trouble...

I am trying to remove the mounting hardware the holds the CD-RW drive I'm replacing in place, but I cannot do it. The mounting hardware has a circular screw holding it in place. What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

BTW, here's an image of what the mounting hardware looks like:

my.php

I'm currently reading my system manual, which is telling me how to remove the mounting chassis. Please stay tuned for more information.

-md99387

I read the manual and successfully installed the drive. I am running a NEC ND-3550A DVD-RW drive. What else do I need to install to ensure success of this drive(such as firmware)?

Thanks again for the help.

monkeydude99387 said:
I read the manual and successfully installed the drive. I am running a NEC ND-3550A DVD-RW drive. What else do I need to install to ensure success of this drive(such as firmware)?

Thanks again for the help.

You could upgrade to the newest firmware, but it may cause more harm than good. Try to burn a few DVDs with the current firmware, and see if they work ok in a set top player. If they do, you should be fine with the stock firmware. If you notice quality issues, update to the newest firmware.

it should already have a firmware installed already, its plug and play. unless you want to use the modified firmware which will void your warranty.

Back