• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway package: AMD athlon 1000 prcsr/mothrbrd - How are they for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yotown

I have a gateway package With an AMD athlon 1000 processor and Motherboard (Gateway doesn't get very specific). I'm definately a newbie and I was wondering how my processor and Motherboard are for Overclocking. Is it easy, can it even be done? Tips and/or tricks?

Yotown

Also, I have the gateway easy access midsize case, how is it for cooling? Will an additional imputfan and outputfan be enough for cooling?

I don't know of any OEM PCs that are overclocking friendly. They just don't provide any options for it.

You may be able to use something along the lines of SoftFSB or CPUFSB to raise your system bus a little but I don't know that it'll work.

Unlocking the processor may help you change the multiplier although I don't know if your BIOS/motherboard jumpers would give you any option to change it.

Also...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

dude download thishere it will tell you all about your board including chipsets and manufacturer.

yes it can be done depending on dips and the bios.did you get a mobo manual.if not you can download 1 from the manufacturers site.have you entered the bios yet?normally done holding the delete key during boot.if your bios shows different mhz and multiplier settings(even greyed out yor in buisness.post your findings.

Back