• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to know how to OC 6800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

Hi, I used to have a ASUS 9600XT and I used ATi Tool to overclock it. ATi Tool done this auto scanning thing to find the highest possible OC I could get with out too much problems. My 9600XT clocked at almost the fastest speed I could find any other 9600 could do. And it was a lot more performace then stock clocked. So I want to OC this 6800.

It's a ASUS 6800 (non GT) with 512MB of DDR-2. Any idea how much more MHz I'll get with OC'in it?

Cheers Chaps

if you download coolbits using the link above and install the reg file, theres an extra tab in the nvidia control panel that they choose to hide, it enables you to choose to up the core and memory clocks and also has an auto selector, but this sometime takes u well over what the card can handle. when i o/c'd mine i just up'd the core and memory but 10 each step to start with and then ran 3dmark03/05, if it was a clean run with no artifacting id up it by 5 each time, then back it down when it started to fault. eventually you will find a nice o/c :)

Back