• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New nforce drivers 6.86's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i happened to be doing a fresh install yesterday so i tried them out. no problems yet.

yea i been using them since they came out no problems at all, one question what are the storage drivers for i never install them, just wanted to know

the storage drivers are supposedly faster then the windows default drivers...it said something about reducing the bottleneck

The storage drivers are said to promote instability when OCing... however, I use them on my 170 rig b/c they're required to run my raid array. ...and I really didn't notice a difference in speed or stability when I installed them.

i got a blue screen with the first attempt to install these seccond try installed fine.

kinda weary about them though

Niku-Sama said:
i got a blue screen with the first attempt to install these seccond try installed fine.

kinda weary about them though
Did you use Drivercleaner after un-installing the older ones?
I un-installed the old ones, I also un-installed my forceware too, booted into safemode, ran drivercleaner to remove Nvidia, nvidia nforce chipset, and whatever nvidia stuff was on there, booted back into XP, installed nforce, and then new forceware drivers after re-boot.

Back