• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have around 60-70 bucks for a powersuply.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkcow

ok, so i have 60-70 bucks as stated in title. i want it as quite as possible with around 500-600 watts. i was looking at a few but they're mostly 110 and above. (antec neo and seasonic) (30 dba on full load max)

i also looked at skyhawk's stuff. but couldn't find pricing (i didn't look hard enough i guess. but im not sure which is a good site to buy from, so just a link to a store where to buy it from will be fantastic, because these look promising)

also just so you know i don't need that fancy stuff where you can change the amount of cables (modular i think i dunno tho). or what skyhawk was talking about play cd's with your computer turned off. i don't need fancy stuff like that. but i don't mind it.

and i want to plug up the usual.. 2 cd-drives, 1 floppy, 2 hard-drives, 2 vidcards (im going to get another dx10 vid card when it comes out) and 6 or so fans.

thanks in advanced.

LMFAO unless you get a reply from David Hammock on ECF dont bother with them noobs :)

as for beefier thats quiet..

well from the looks of it your setup and future upgrading purposes you might not find a quiet psu. you should be able to get a very nice psu under $125 but as for quiet, it probably wont happen unless you mod the psu with a quiet fan :)

The XClio will be pretty much the same thing as the Antec SP2 - same OEM anyway.

Fr3@k3r said:
LMFAO unless you get a reply from David Hammock on ECF dont bother with them noobs :)

I post there once in a while :p

i really think you need to save up some more to raise your budget.

ive allways wanted a seasonic S12 of some sort just for fun and to compare to my bluestorm.

ive heard nothing bad about them, and i bet with that big slow fan, youll enjoy it. start checking the sofa cushions!

it looks like the enermax will be louder, at least the ones with the 80mm fans...

whats the dba on it?

i found the powersuply on www.case-mod.com for ~$115 after shiping. looks like my best bet. but im going to have to borrow some money first lol.

allso consider that my "500W" bluestorm AX_500A has 17.5A on each 12V rail., and is "rated" at 460W ill tell you - its quiet. ill allso tell you its bulletproof. ill allso tell you that my specific unit can be dead shorted out on the DC side time and time again and all my hardware still lives.
ill allso tell you that it took me over a year to find its limits. 4 water pumps, 2 optical drives, a hard drive and an overclocked prescott, to be exact.
i would look for a used AX 500-a to compare directly with the S-12 500.

EDIT: the OCZ 520 is loud in the older versions, and much less loud in the newer ones, from what i have heard around the forums. its well liked around here, but do you want performance or quiet?

Too bad you're not in Atlanta. The Fry's here have Silverstone Strider 500w for $69.99. I picked one up. Ridiculously good quality stuff. Online they are about 80-130.

well, to be exact i am in atlanta. ill check fry's prices.

and i want quiet over performance here, right now i have a no name 450 watt powersuply that does the job. but i want 500 watts now and i want it quiet.

Back