• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS not setting FSB on Shuttle SN41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbloudg20

My friend recently gave me a Shuttle XPC. He got it from one of his friends, and not much is known about it. I took off the heatsink, and found what I believe to be a 2400+. I bought some Cordair Value PC3200 ram and fired it up with windows 2000. CPU-Z shows it to be a Throughbred.

The boot screen shows it to be a 1800+, and I suspect that is because the FSB is at 100(200) in the settings screen. CPU-Z also shows it as an 1800+ and the clock frequency to be at 1.5GHz. I looked up the mobo, Shuttle FN41, and it has a NF2 chipset, and it *should* support 400 FSB.

The problem is that no matter what I set the FSB frequency at, it never actually changes it. :bang head
The bootscreen always shows my memory to be at 200, and no matter what I set it at, CPUZ always reads the same 100(200) and 1.5GHz.

What am I missing? I plan to flash the BIOS soon, but I doubt that would dampen my ability to change the FSB.

I'm not attempting to O/C it (yet), just get it to run 333.

Last edited:
I just reset the BIOS to defaults. In the FSB screen int eh bios it said 133. I booted, and CPU-Z again says 100 for my FSB, even though the bios screen still says it is set to 133. I'm going to flash the BIOS next, I hope this fixes it.

I just fought with the bios flash for about two hours, and the result:

NOTHING. I cannot raise the FSB above 100. What the heck is going on here?

bump

I just noticed my multi is at 15, so I don't think I'm going to be able to run 166, at least I'd like to be able to get this to 133.

Last edited:
i think there's a setting called "spread spectrum" or something like that... i've accidently enabled it before and it locks the fsb @ stock... no matter what it's set at... but if you disable this setting it goes according to the bios...

if it's not "spead spectrum" then it's something like it... or in the same menu...

I disabled everything else in the Advanced BIOS screen, nothing works.

The spread spectrum, there were two options... I disabled both of them. I'm still stuck at 100 for the FSB.

Back