• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken Socket 939 HSF mounts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

Just curious if anyone else has seen this sort of thing:

hsfbkt.jpg

This is the bottom of the mount, opposite the cam lever. This happened after 8 months of office use; the plastic simply degraded and shattered, leaving the HSF dangling from the top mounts. And yes, it was mounted properly, as I did this one myself. The HSF was an Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64, motherboard Epox 9NPA+.

Thank good design specs for thermal shutdown...:beer:

Last edited:
Been known to happen. Seen it happen on some old-school Pentium 4's. Usually doesn't happen with OEM mounts + HSF. (Knock on wood)

Cheator said:
If you need a new one i have 2 dead s754 boards with mounts on em. PM me.

Thanks, Cheator. I do have several in stock, as some HSF units come with retention bracket kits in addition to those provided by the motherboard manufacturers.

Just though I'd share the experience. Out of 105 A64 systems we have operating in the field, this is the only one which has suffered this sort of failure.

Back