• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

airflow and my rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

okay so i jabbed a screwdriver through my motherboad on accident yesterday, so i'm bored out of my mind and pondering about my new watercooling setup that i have but cant use due to having no motherboard. i have a black ice 1x120 rad that i had laying around, and i bought a d5 pump and TDX block with a custom made res.

anywho i know my radiator is going to be my weak link, but i'm only cooling my CPU with this setup. i know that increasing the airflow across the radiator will improve temps, but is there a point were no matter how much air i have running acrossed it i cannot get temps to drop anymore? i'm asking because i just found a 6inch papst industrial grade fan in my computer box, and i am seriously considering strapping it onto my rad.

the rad you have can easily dissipate the heatload of your cpu and pump.
the lowest yuor temps may get relies on many variables. Airflow, airpressure, flowrate, block capability, pump setting, bubbles in rad, dead spot on the fan, and most importantly ambient temperature and system ventilation.
There are many more factors but what you need to worry about is getting that rad plenty of cold-as-possible air.

Back