• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I finished my water cooling project over the weekend and I double checked the forum when I was done to see that I made a mistake. I'm using a storm cpu block and reversed the inlet/outlet on the block - how much of performance drop does that cause? I'm idleing around 35 C with my temporary celeron processor. When I recieve my e6600 in the coming week how should I go about switching them? Do I really need to drain my entire system?

Watercooling project parts
CPU Block: Storm
Rad: BIPGT240
Fans: 2x Scythe S-flex
Pump: Laing 5

Also my dad helped me with this project over the weekend and he was popping off the aftermarket heatsinks off my bfg 7900gtx oc that I bought locally (which was supposed to be held on by a 25% mixture of arctic alumina seemed like way more) and he took a chip off with the heatsink. He said he would replace the card for me but if this card is still worth some value I would like to help him out, any suggestions? Is there any more I can do then try to sell it on ebay or here on the forums?

Thanks,
Mike

I know I didn't mean too.. whats an easy way of switching them? Can i Just disconnect the block and pull off the tubing over a bucket and switch them?

My dad has the card so I can't take pictures, one of the 8 chips that surrond the center chip came off, my dad said its a ball socket connection or something..

updawg said:
I know I didn't mean too.. whats an easy way of switching them? Can i Just disconnect the block and pull off the tubing over a bucket and switch them?

My dad has the card so I can't take pictures, one of the 8 chips that surrond the center chip came off, my dad said its a ball socket connection or something..

It's a memory chip, a BGA chip. there might be some value to some here, but i doubt that's coming off.

as for switching the tubing, just drain the loop and then switch em... it'll take an hour of work tops, then just a few more hours to bleed.

Alright, I was hoping I didn't have to drain the loop. Thanks for your help.

Back