• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my 3500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

Hey guys. I have a 3500+ stock @ 2.2 GHz, Asus a8n32-sli Delux and 4x512MB corsair XMS pro DDR400.

Ram tops out at about 240x2 = 480 MHz

CPU was toping out at 233x11 = 2563 with the ddr 1:1

Last night i tried and got to 260x10 = 2600 with the ddr div set so it was at like 235 mhz or something similar (below 240). I tried increasing my FSB to 270 and lowered my ddr div some more and I get a BIOS checksume error during post. (also tried 265) tried ramping up my cpu core voltage and same error. Am I maxed out or is there something else I can do to get faster. BTW I have h20 cooling so temps arn't a prob.

Try using a divider so that you keep your ram in spec , I think 260htt on a 166 divider will run close to 200mhz . Maybe a bump in voltage on you chipset . And try lowering your timmings . Have you tryed using clock gen , so you can get a idea quickly where you sould be trying to set things in bios .what voltage are you using

BTW the Ram is speced @ 2.75.... I tried overvolting the HTT, NB, and SB seperatly and all at once with no result... what could the checksum error indicate?

some part of you oc isnt stable i used to get a bios ceck some error on my old nf2 mb if i went over 240 fsb . Maybe more voltage on cpu if you are only @ 1.45 you have more room to go especialy on water .

||Console|| said:
some part of you oc isnt stable i used to get a bios ceck some error on my old nf2 mb if i went over 240 fsb . Maybe more voltage on cpu if you are only @ 1.45 you have more room to go especialy on water .

Thats what I thought. Went clear up to 1.65v same error.

try dropping your LDT, i forget what it's called in the asus bios', even tho i have one... but it has 1x-5x multipliers, your htt bus should run 1ghz, if you still have it at 5x then it's running at 1.3ghz o_O, try dropping it to 4x, which would give you a comfortable 1040mhz.

Back