• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10x Multi boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok I dont know why this is going on but this is what happens .
I started playing with my 10x multi and its going great less vcore , less heat , higher Mem Bandwith . But this is my problem , It wont boot off the first post. This is how i have it working I boot Set the higher vcore ,reboot go back into bios bump it up to 260 htt reboot, then boback in bios and set to 275-280 , Now it shouldnt be the Mem as i mem tested for 40+ passes on test #5 with memtest @ 280 2.5-3-3-5 1t . Any Idea On how to fix this problem ? .

Oh even once I have it Running @ 280x10 and I Power off ( not a reboot ) then turn back on I have to go through the porcess i listed above

tcc5 or tccd i dont know and i cant get a strait answer any where

Last edited:
Well this is really starting to be a big pain in the *** , Ok so it seams like some type of a cold boot issue. I let it prime for 20 hours then i stoped it @ 275 htt 10x Multi 3x ltd 1t 2.5-3-3-5 1:1 so it seams like it is a stable setting to me , BUt it wont freakin Post with out doing minimun of 3 trips into bios . Any Ideas would be great

Have you tried with other bios version? or try changing the TRAS to 6-7, I had a problem like that and I dont remember which timming I changed but it fixed :)

Yea I tryed a few bios all seam to do the same thing . I have tryed @ stock settings as well 2.5-3-3-8 does same thing .
9x multi does the same thing it seams like it doesnt post the first time when i go over 260htt for the intial jump.
I have 2 more bios that im going to try tonight.
i got it up TO 9X312 2.5 ltd 183 divider 2.5-3-3-5 1t using the 9x multi .
Every day more and more i want a dfi nf4 but the other half of my brain slaps that side and says waite till jan when all the new cards are out :bang head

What new cards? You mean vid cards? If I were you I'd ditch the MSI and go ahead and pickup an Ultra-D for ~$100.

Why are you running the ldt multi so low? @ 312 you should be at x3.

Do you have other memory you can test with to determine if that truely is your problem?

Oddly enough I was just reading over @ XS and saw your thread there regarding this issue. :D My set of OCZ TCCD (which is recent, ~6 months old) does NOT like volts. I'm actually running it @ LESS than 2.7v (~2.68) @ 290MHz. However, this kit does not like 2.5-3-3-7 at any speed or voltage, not even 250MHz. I have to back off to 2.5-4-3-7 and I'm golden all the way up to 290MHz.

harlam357 said:
What new cards? You mean vid cards? If I were you I'd ditch the MSI and go ahead and pickup an Ultra-D for ~$100.

Why are you running the ldt multi so low? @ 312 you should be at x3.

Do you have other memory you can test with to determine if that truely is your problem?

Oddly enough I was just reading over @ XS and saw your thread there regarding this issue. :D My set of OCZ TCCD (which is recent, ~6 months old) does NOT like volts. I'm actually running it @ LESS than 2.7v (~2.68) @ 290MHz. However, this kit does not like 2.5-3-3-7 at any speed or voltage, not even 250MHz. I have to back off to 2.5-4-3-7 and I'm golden all the way up to 290MHz.

Yea I mean Vid Cards i dont feal like picking up a x1900 when the r600 is right around the corrner , thats Y Im trying to waite before getting a new MB because my x800 is agp =( . I would really love a ultra d

its deff not the ram i think ppl keep brining it up because the timmings are really tight but like i said it does the same thing @ stock timmings and once i get it into windowss ( 3 tripps to bios) it will run prime for as long as you want .

ok... I concede... probably the mobo. Again, just get an Ultra-D and clock the stuffing out of what you've already got... and pick up a decent PCI-E card for the time being.

I would but i was away when the clasified rule change happened and right now i dont have a isp so i cant get in . New just isnt in the books right now because the gf just quit her job :bang head

it's the Neo2

It's a known fact that the Neo2 is VERY picky about RAM. With TCCD or TCC5 you should be able to get past your wall by loosening the timings. Try 2.5-4-3-10. The Tras won't really impact performance.so try 10 to see if it works. My Ballistix just don't do well on the Neo because of the higher vdimm even, with sideeffects v1.3c BIOS.My brother's rig (same set-up except RAM) will go higher (TCCD).

I think my porb is my chipset needs more v to post with the htt from a start up , Im going to look for a pencil mod/hard mod to see if uping the chipset voltage helps .
Plan on trying the pencil mod on my vid card tomorrow .
Coolest will try your program tomorrow so if it helps my ram bw =) i will let you know how it goes .

I know every 1 keeps thinking its my ram but i dont think it is once its up i have primeed it over 20 hours @ 275 2.5-3-3-5 and memtested a few hours @ 280 2.5-3-3-5

Back