• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero 7 Finally Gets Updated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-up.php

They've updated it but I don't think it's like a program update like you get with Nero 6. Download >> run file >> update current version etc I think this is a full program but a free trial with more known bugs fixed then you pay for a full product code if your happy with it.

AHEAD have really lost it since releasing this version I'm sticking with 6.6 it's stable does everything I want with easy. I tried Nero 7 but I coudln't find the Burn DVD Video Files icon in StartSmart and speaking of SS that crashed if I selected Create Audio CD.

Well there are some who haven't had a problem with Nero 7 but when I tired Nero 7 Ultra which was a trial. The above happend with StarSmart and selecting some options made it crash.

Anyways is this an update to the program like what you get with Nero 6 or just a trial version like I mentioned above. With the more known bugs taken out then you can just purchase a full CD key.

Been using Nero 7 for a while, and have had problems. CD/DVD's do seem to burn faster, which is a plus. Most audio cd's have skips in them. (mp3's do not, and will not burn perfect no matter what speed/burner) Also, my memorex 16x DVD-R's will only burn at 12x! (DVD+R's will do 16x) Although that might be a problem with the dvd burner itself, who knows. *Hopefully* an update will fix some of the bugs...knock on wood.

They have updated it again this time it's now 7.5.1.1 oh since there website wasn't updated to provided info on there last update.

Here's what had changed for Nero Burning ROM anyways:

Version number 7.2.7.0
Release Date: 08/16/2006

New Features
Re-enabled burn support for Audible audiobooks.

Changes/Bugfixes
A C++ runtime error occurred while saving tracks.
Images cue/bin files generated an error and nero.exe had to close.
"Illegal operation" error message came up while adding a Nero Digital file to an audio CD.

The newest release only updates to enable Blu-Ray recording in my opinion I reckon that's what they've been doing AHEAD. Making sure there Blu-Ray and HD-DVD burning is perfect cause if it wasn't and there's some people out there getting bad bruns. Alot of people will p**sed as Blu-Ray discs are expensive.

Version number 7.5.1.1
Release Date: 09/18/2006

New Features
Blu-ray disc data recording

120 is cool too.. very useful tool ..

ive updated my nero on xp to 7.5.1.1 ..

now just have to wait for vista :(

So it is like the updates you get for Nero 6 download >> install click on "update" to update the software or do you have to remove the current version of nero 7 in order to use this 1.

I don't understand how it works with the file been so dam big my mate said if you have bought a product key you download the current version install your key and your good to go.

So I asked what about those people who have bought the retail package which at the time was 7.0.0.0.

For those who have Nero 7 they have released an update again http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-up.php

I'm stuck about this Nero 7 stuff if I download the 188mb file will it be the full product but Ultra version (trial) until I enter a legit serial key. I was going to purchase a copy off Amazon.co.uk and some reviews said it's version 7.0.0.0 in the box. How can update to the latest version surly this new release is a patch 188mb that's insane.

Not really insane considering how screwed up nero always seems to be lol. I too have had the mp3 bug, which makes cds burned skipped when VBR mp3's were used.

Now with the newer version every time I hit add button it locks up the entire program and has to be shut down, but drag and drop still works....

Back