• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce 3 Ti 200 bestbuy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myself and I

Disabled
Well after being a loyal 3dfx owner of a voodoo 3 3000 overclocked to 197mhz i decided it was time to buy a new video card. I was going to buy the radeon 8500 but i just had to go for the geforce 3 ti 200 at best buy. I found out that this friday thae geforce 3 ti 200 by visiontek will be $99 after a 50 dollars mail in rebate and 50 dollar instant rebate. I just downloaded the beta xp 22.80 drivers which report a 5% increase in speed from the previous drivers. Well you cant just beat that ati owners im sorry to say but i was sold out to nivdia for the next year i will be a loyal owner . I do not think that the radeon for 250+ ship retail is worth the extra 150 bucks for a little more fps in games. I can overclock the card i got now past geforce 3 specs. Oh yeah i just bought the card tonight since the sale will only be 5 hours friday morning and will be bringing it back friday to rebuy the video card and receiveing my rebate . This will avoid the 2000 + people who are reported to be at the store during the sale for 5 hours.

Tell me your comment s

Sounds like a sweet deal. I always liked Visiontek. Make sure you post some benchies and oc'ing results!

Overclocking results

I think this kind of crazy but i am running windows xp home with the geforce 3 ti 200 vision tek.

I used nvmax and coolbits reg hack and was able to run win xp home surf the net and play cs with no artifacts on this speed. 250/501 from the default 175/400 both programs register as 250/501

Everything is running great and i dont even have a artifact yet. i am going to run 3dmark2001 with the new overclocked specs.

The last overclock spec i used and ran 3d mark 2001 were 230/440 and i got 5630 marks

system

slot a athlon tbird 900mhz overclocked to 1000mhz
fsb 100mhz ram 468megs
2 20gig 7200rpm hdd
geforce 3 ti 200 64ddr might be 4ns ram

i will write back in a few min to let you know what happens

result

got 5900 at 240/460 clock

good enough for me for 99 bucks

price and performance for the deal of 99 bucks

radeon 8500 would of cost me 140 bucks more

thanks bestbuy lol

You better get to Best Buy early, lol. Everyone online is talking about the sale. Good luck, I hope you get it! :)

I also plan to purchase a G3 or a ATI 8500...i still haven't made my mind up yet, it will be a few weeks though.

Geforce 3 ti 200

I already bought it on Wendsday and i will be brining it back on friday morning to rebuy it.

I think the card i have has 4ns ram because it seems to be a high overclocker. when i did set it to 250/501 it ran fine in 3dmark2001 until it got to the dragon where it locked out on stock coolling on the card. Now if i were to get a card slot blower or artic silver 2 i might be able to get it up there. I am happy where it is now though so i wont be taking it apart anytime soon but i might buy the card blower. when i went to best buy yesterday i did see like 20 on the shelf so i must have a new card just off the line. I heard the old geforce 3 ti 200s had lousy ram so nivdia must be revamping their line.

Also i was going to buy a radeon 8500 buy best buy want 299+tax but you get a $50 gift card on purchase.

Still not worth it people with the price vs performance the geforce 3 ti 200 got this one and for 99 bucks you cant go wrong.

So for 99 bucks i have a card thats clocked at 240/460 and fully stable thats about the same as a geforce 3 ti 500 or better than a geforce 3

The graphics are fast on my slot a and i have geforce 3 capbilities on future games which the geforce 2 ti 200 and Ultra will choke. Also i got the beta nvidia drivers 22.80 which area 5% increase from previous drivers

I got one of those terrific Visiontek GF3 Ti-200 cards at my local Best Buy and boy, does it overclock!

Mine is currently set to 255/555 - no kidding - and it produces NO artifacts.

I *have* replaced the wimpy fan with a 25mm tall, 50mm 19CFM fan, for overclocking's sake :D

And I've removed the I/O plate from PCI#1, to allow some of my input flow (from 3X92mm Sanyo-Denki fans) to flow over the ramsinks and out the back of my computer...

Seems to be working REALLY well!

I'm absolutely amazed - better than Ti-500 results, at $99!

THE BEST $99 I've ever spent on a computer - without a doubt!

:cool: :cool:

WOW!!! Congratulations on that oc man, hey surely the ram must be 3.8ns to hit that!!! (Ti200's are $300 and more over here!Mx's are $150!!!! ) Post some pics if you can and what do you get in 3D Mark 2001?
I'd like to know, is that the highest you tried for or can it go higher.....what was its default speed?
Once again cool!!!!

dabhpr said:
I got one of those terrific Visiontek GF3 Ti-200 cards at my local Best Buy and boy, does it overclock!

Mine is currently set to 255/555 - no kidding - and it produces NO artifacts.

Have you ran 3d mark 2001 on it yet ,I just want to compare scores.

wildone

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildone,

Just ran 3DM2K1 twice - the first time I got 7167 - and then realized I had FSAA 2X on...

Turned that off and got 7693.

Got 12,203 in 3DM2K, too! HOOYAH!

I don't have a website to store pics at (for inserting photos in the forums..) Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions for a free web-hosting site??

I'd be happy to post some Snagit! grabs of my results...

nick_cw said:
WOW!!! Congratulations on that oc man, hey surely the ram must be 3.8ns to hit that!!! (Ti200's are $300 and more over here!Mx's are $150!!!! ) Post some pics if you can and what do you get in 3D Mark 2001?
I'd like to know, is that the highest you tried for or can it go higher.....what was its default speed?
Once again cool!!!!

The defult speed was (I think) 175 core, 400 memory..

But I've gotten this awesome card upt to 255 core, 555 memory!

Just ran 3DM2K1 and got (after turning FSAA2X off):rolleyes: : 7693. Not bad, eh?

:cool:

Oh - and the ram is 4 ns - I temporarily took off one of the ramsinks to look!

They're just held on with frag tape, nothing special...

But yes, you're right - they overclock like 3.8 ns chips, don't they?!

Heh.

Incredible!

Thats an awesome oc, have you tried higher yet?

(If only there was an easy way of monitoring g-card temps I bet it ain't even workin hard!!!)

ou can post a pic by pressing print screen which takes a snapshot of the whole screen (forgotten how to do it of just the active window) paste it in paint and post it!

That card must have 3.8ns chips in disguise!!! LOL:D

nick_cw said:

ou can post a pic by pressing print screen which takes a snapshot of the whole screen (forgotten how to do it of just the active window) paste it in paint and post it!

LOL:D
ALT and Prt Scrn..;)

Back