• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WW + e6300 = 77c?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCor4D

I just got my new system

abit ab9 pro
e6300
2x1gb patriot ram
ultra x-connect 500w
etc

and im cooling it wil my old loop with new block.

WW LE 1/2"
Eheim 1250
dtek 120 pro single fan radiator
80cfm fan on the radiator
T-Line system

*ambient temp is around 27c, case temp is 30c (according to uguru temp monitor), video card is at 45c (according to the nvidia drivers)

I was using the original WW with my socket a system and was at a constant 35c with a decent OC on it. Now i have the WW LE edition and im getting 71-83c on my new system (STOCK)

I have reseated the block many times, well only 3. Reapplied AS 5 all times, tried going thicker and going thinner, doesnt make a difference at all. I have the springs compressed down pretty damn far right now to try to see if i can get a better contact on it, but it doesnt seem to be doing much.

The temps jump around alot, when i started writing this i was at 77c then got to 71c now im sitting at 69. it just jumps all the time, i have task manager open and there is hardly any cpu usage, max has been around 4%, nothing to make the cpu get that crazy of a heat spread.

There might be a few residual air bubbles in the system, but i dont think it would be making that much of a difference. is there anything you guys would recommend???

1 Thing to note, when i touch the radiator, it is cold to the touch, when i touch all around the water block, it is cold to the touch. When i take off the block and touch close to the cpu after it shuts down on me for being 83c, it is also cool to the touch. I dont want to assume my board is reporting bad temps, so im airing on the side of caution right now and trying everything i can think of.

I am tempted to take off the cooler and put the stock fan on it and see what kind of temps i get, but it is a pain to take it all the way down just to remove the posts so i can install the stock HS.

**I have been sitting at 69c for the past 2 mins, constant temp, which never happens, it is usually bouncing around.

***5mins after writing this, im back up to 77c. I was hoping it would creep down to a good 40ish, im not too picky about being below that.

Last edited:
Sounds like bad temp readings to me, if everything is cool to the touch (as well as the CPU), i'd guess it's a monitor problem.

dicecca112 said:
sounds like your system isn't bleeded right, like there is a bubble in the block

If there was a bubble in the block, how the hell would i get rid of that? :p

Time to start drinking, going to a concert in 2 hours, no more computer stuff for me :p
:beer: :beer: :beer:

SolidxSnake said:
Sounds like bad temp readings to me, if everything is cool to the touch (as well as the CPU), i'd guess it's a monitor problem.

no abit boards read low if anything. Basically I would drain everything and refill it or try to shake the bubbles loose. I had that issue with a whitewater on my socket A system back in the day

im going to let the pump run while im at that concert. I proped my comp in a way that i think the air bubbles should be extra forced to the t-line. If that doesnt work, looks like tomorrow i have to drain and refill again :(

Wish there was an easier way

Back