• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is this for Core 2 Duo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's an nVidia chipset so it won't really OC great. If it's for a non or mild-oc build I'm sure it would probably be ok but that can be said about most any board from a decent manufacturer and as far as I know ECS still makes reliable boards. The MSI p965 Neo-F http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130052 is another solid budget board, it lacks oc'ing options like voltage adjustments but I read a review where they got it to 333FSB (the max) anyway with stock Vcore which is a 25% CPU speed improvement for a Core2s. I'd also look at the Gigabyte 965p-S3 for a low-cost board, it's a few more dollars but is very similar in design to the popular and good overclocking DS3.

Did you need to have SLI for some reason?

I would spend the extra cash and get a quality board like the Gigabyte DS3. There aren't alot of COnroe boards out there, sio choices are limited.

Back