• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW Membership Codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

I just wanted to know weather this is illegal or not. My friend gots alot of member codes and wanted me to have one of the codes so i can play WOW with him. The thing is im not sure if its illegal or not. I dont want to get in trouble with hacking even though i didnt pay for it.

Judging by the facts that he aquired a lot of codes I am geussing they are stolen or hacked codes. If that is the case then yes it is illegal. However if he owns all those Keys legally he can give the game to anyone he wants to, just like a present.

If you subscribe to Maximum PC, they gave out a copy of WoW and a free 15 or 30 day trial code. I'm going to hang on to mine incase i want to try it out, but I know I'm not the only one with a sub to that Mag, so maybe someone else will give you one!

Don't do it! Once you do crack you can't go back!

Um, on a serious note, I have at least two free codes. They come with the WoW CD package, 15 days free I believe. And if I remember correctly from time to time they send you an email for letting a friend try WoW for a week at a time.

They hand out 15/10 day codes occasionally, maybe he's collecting?

Ask them if they're legit. Otherwise you're recieving stolen property in my book.

ok I asked and he said he bought them at some store. The thing is i dont have the game installed on the computer so would it be illegal if i used it to put the files on my computer?

THe Client is free Weezle, the subscription to the servers is what costs money. You can install it off his CDs without any issues, I don't even think it requires the CD to run.

Elif Tymes said:
THe Client is free Weezle, the subscription to the servers is what costs money. You can install it off his CDs without any issues, I don't even think it requires the CD to run.

No, it does not require the CDs. However, the client itself is not supposed to be "Free" per-se. When you purchase your game code, you are also supposed to be purchasing the client at that time. As far as I know, they dont sale just the keys...

Hmm, that's odd, because I can download the game client from gamespy with a 7 day trial code for free...

if you enter in the code and it works, its legal unless he stole a copy from a store or something. I am guessing these are trial codes, but even if you got a retail copy for free or something you still have to enter a credit card or buy game cards and activate them. So blizz will still get paid, I guess he could have stole a bunch of time cards or something but I dont know if they get activated at the store like gift cards do.

WeezleXX89 said:
do you have use your cretit card? im not comfotable with that
either that or you can go to the store and by gamercards that you input into the payment amount. So it is basically a replacement of using your creditcard but you are charged for the month.

Rozal said:
You need to buy the game if you decide to want it after 7 or 10 day trial

Yes

My 10 Days is just about up, Game was OK but remember its the end game in WOW people play when your level 60. The 10 day is really restricted as far as how much you cane advance your guy/gal.

Back