• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVE Online sucked me in...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

well its been 3 days now and i think im hooked. Anyways I was wondering If anyone had any good links concerning the game. Im looking for some tutorials on basic stuff like mining and drone usage. Thanks a bunch!

evegeeks is also great... but I don't remember the url, it's not listed but damn is it useful.

Just ask for the link online in the help section many people have it bookmarked.

EVE may be old, but it sucks you in once you realise how huge and open this MMO is.

Welcome to the game... :) I play when I can. Check out the "OCForums" channel sometime...usually some fellow forum members there. We also have an OCF corp that many forum members are in. (Me included.)

For some info...

http://eve.grismar.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WikiHome

There's some good info here if you can navigate around. Some good stuff on mining, too. :)

I used to play. The game got incredibly boring to me after realizing you spend a majority of your time in autopilot. Go read the eve forums and if you ARE 100% CONVINCED you will be playing for a while then follow the learning "string" of skills. In the end, your learning times will be drastically shorter.

MAN im bumed... I wanteds to get an industrial ship to start some more hardcore mining but when I looked in the market to get the skill it says I cant get it with the tutorial... :( I really want to break away from the tutorial and get the full version but I dont know if i wanna spend the $$ cause im trying to save up to build a new comp or spend some money on my jeep.

Herr Rogers said:
I used to play. The game got incredibly boring to me after realizing you spend a majority of your time in autopilot. Go read the eve forums and if you ARE 100% CONVINCED you will be playing for a while then follow the learning "string" of skills. In the end, your learning times will be drastically shorter.

learning string of skills? you mean a set of skills that if I learn them then leveling my other skills will be significantly shorter?

Last edited:
[]V[]rs[]V[]ith said:
If you need anything, feel free to ask
my ingame name is Fabien Barel

hey russ its me brett :)

you need to get on aim I have been seeing if you were online so i could talk to you about it and stuff.

/\\/3|2o said:
learning string of skills? you mean a set of skills that if I learn them then leveling my other skills will be significantly shorter?

Yeah, all your basic attributes do is define how long it takes to learn skills. Higher attributes make for faster learning.

So, if you get and train learning skills, they raise your basic attributes, which shortens your training times. You can purchase skills (books) that you don't already have in the market, and then start training them.

It's good to train your learning skills early on because it ends up saving time on training. But, you will want to mix in some regular skills, too, since it gets dull only training learning skills, and you need some basic stuff in order to go out into space and make money and get started.

WOW, EVE, man, i was playing that game since the BETA builds were out. I stopped playing around early 2005. man, that game takes your life over.

ITS VERY HARD THOUGH if you dont know the right people, you wont last. unless your lucky. there is mroe paper work than gameplay if you get involved with running a bussiness/corp, etc. Its a bussiness game really, with space combat and flying around. the map is awsome also, lol. I couldnt imagine starting up again, I would be SOOOO far behind it would seem pointless. i dont understand how newer players could possibly make something of themselves there now.

Uhh, because the game is engaging even for new players. The first few weeks a novice learns the ropes, how to fly, how to shoot, how to do some basic combat, bla bla bla. Then after that, he gets springloaded into a low level corp, who has goals, I.E. "Get to 0.0 and stake our claim!" and then they work towards that goal...

It's really simple, tbh, to have a great gaming experience even at lower levels. Everyone is usefull, no matter what they're flying (Well, as long as it's properly set up. Flying an Osprey with 4 miner II's into a battle will get you.... nowhere)

Been subscribed for two months now. Kick *** game. So interactive. Only negative is that you cannot leave your ship, and cannot land on planets. Other than that, best MMO, period.

That's right you WoW Addicts, I said it! Bring it! haha :sn:

Hit me up in Korama, dsN Ninja is the name, pirate hunting is my game! ^_^

I had more fun running in circles on top of the orgrimmar bank than I did playing eve sitting in autopilot.

then don't sit in Autopilot :p. That's like saying "I didn't like FarCry because you had a knife..."

use a gun then!

Back