• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquiring network address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

What does it mean when your computer is always displaying this. For about a week it has been saying this in network connections, but I have not had internet problems.

just disable the connection. its trying to find a connection. but the only reason it should be doing that is if there is a cable plugged into it.

are you connected to the internet? if you go to internet options, i think advanced tab. its the second tab. does it show you IP address, subnet, etc. If it does use DHCP to automatically get an IP adress.

It sounds like it's polling the DHCP server endlessly or the trigger to disable notification after it recieves an IP is broken. What happens if you do ipconfig /release & ipconfig/renew from command line? If it's the same I think I'd just disable the NIC status from systray.

Ya, I am connected to the internet. Where it normally says IP Adress, it says Aquiring Network Configuration.

Using /ipconfig says the same also. However, I have DHCP client disabled in services. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thats exactly why. The NIC gets it's IP for connectivity but the Windows Service that reports status or repairs the connection is not running.

This usually happens when your PC is on and if your using a router modem like me and switch it off then back on again. It'll try to search for a IP address sometimes does after 10mins depends. Not really a problem unless your gaming but you can just do what extreme said right click repair.

But normally the best bet would be to reboot the PC and try not to turn off your modem etc. When the PC is on as it'll just keep trying to find a IP address.

Back