• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdrew1

Registered
hi all. i have a DFI NF3 ultra-D mobo and when i try to overclock it the fsb always stops on 270. it does this wether prime 95 is running or not.

i have set the HT multi to 2x and the CPU at 5x and the ram divider is at 1:2 so i dont think any of them could be causing the problem. is this the most it can manage or is there something else wrong. would a bios update do anything?

Any help appreciated:)

What do you mean it "stops"? It won't let you select any higher? It becomes unstable there? Are you trying to do this in the BIOS or with OC software within Windows?

it just freezes. i am useing clockgen in windowns. as soon as it hits 270 the screen just freezes. i am running prime 95. i am basicly following everything in this guild exacly

Try overclocking from the bios instead. There is a change that is the most it will take though. Post what you're using as well, put it in your sig so that you don't have to include it in every post.

ok..i have tryed to do it in the bios and it has gone up to about 330mhz.:) dont know why it was freezeing in windows but it is sorted now. cheers:thup:

Back