• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removed The IHS on my 4400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

So I got bored this weekend I had a 3200+ that i took the ihs off but havent tested yet so i poped it in and did some testing it did 2.7ghz @ 1.6v @30deg load =) so i started up prime let that run for 12 hours . So then i was think well Y not de lid my 4400+ SO I did poped it back in my system . It hasnt raised my overclock or let me use less Vcore but it is way colder now.
Before when running prime I would get 51ish deg load with speed fan on the hoter core and 50-52 with core temp ( this was with all my fans on max). Now it is 39ish with speed fan and 40 with core temp ( with fans on min, before couldnt pass prime unless fans were on max).

So it didnt let me get any more mhz but the temp drop was nice , maybe after te as5 settles in i can bump it up a bit or with more burnin maybe lower volts.

Very nice temp drop :thup: What kind of cooler are you using?

DD TDX CPU WB
DD Maze4 GPU
D5 Pump
Black Ice Extreme III w/ 3 Panflo 120mm 86.5cfm fans

Being able to turn down the fan noise is nice benefit, even if your OC doesn't improve.

Yes it is just suprised me that with that much less heat i couldnt prime @ a higher speed . But i do love the fack i cant hear me pc in my bed room any more =)

There will be pics as soon as i bring home a laptop with a wireless card , I have no internet @ home it sux really bad

heh yea just cant swing the 140 for cable / phone/internet right now im the only one working gf is going to school

Back