• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future Build, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsimatrix

Registered
In the near future (hopefully) will be getting a whole new computer! YAY

well as good as that sounds, the best part is I want to try water cooling. I overclock extremely and I want this to be money well spent.

Future system specs as of now I'm looking at:

E6600
Best mobo at the time of buy
X1900xtx

I want to water cool both the video card and cpu, as I will be overclocking both. The x1900xtx is a furnace!

For the case... I was in Bigfootcomputers the other day and the LianLi cases caught my eye. I really liked one in perticular. And I think I would be able to fit the whole water cooling setup incase- which is almost a must for me, I hate looking at a mess! (http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/Server_Full_Tower/V_Series/S_V_S_PC-V2000.htm)

Since I am very very new to watercooling, all I know is from what I read here. I need suggestions. Heres what I need and what my money woes are.

I need:

Top notch cpu cooling

Radiator to fit inside case if possible

Radiator to be 2x120mm or 3x120 (hate 80mm fans!) if possible. BIX rads?

Pump to be good performer but on the quiet side.

VGA block to be decent, doesnt have to be the best but I do want my x1900xtx to not catch fire!

Price Point - I got about 550(Canadian) to spend on water cooling stuff.

In the near future DX10 cards will be out.. I b elieve nvidia releases theirs in november.. so keep an eye out on that.. also AMD should be releasing their new stuff before next year too, so just keep your eyes open for changes price wise and bang/buck. I dunno about water cooling, so I will let a professional here take care of those suggestions. XD

xsimatrix said:
In the near future (hopefully) will be getting a whole new computer! YAY

well as good as that sounds, the best part is I want to try water cooling. I overclock extremely and I want this to be money well spent.

Future system specs as of now I'm looking at:

E6600
Best mobo at the time of buy
X1900xtx

I want to water cool both the video card and cpu, as I will be overclocking both. The x1900xtx is a furnace!

For the case... I was in Bigfootcomputers the other day and the LianLi cases caught my eye. I really liked one in perticular. And I think I would be able to fit the whole water cooling setup incase- which is almost a must for me, I hate looking at a mess! (http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/Server_Full_Tower/V_Series/S_V_S_PC-V2000.htm)

Since I am very very new to watercooling, all I know is from what I read here. I need suggestions. Heres what I need and what my money woes are.

I need:

Top notch cpu cooling

Radiator to fit inside case if possible

Radiator to be 2x120mm or 3x120 (hate 80mm fans!) if possible. BIX rads?

Pump to be good performer but on the quiet side.

VGA block to be decent, doesnt have to be the best but I do want my x1900xtx to not catch fire!

Price Point - I got about 550(Canadian) to spend on water cooling stuff.

When you are ready for the system then I will help. Until then things change to much, and it will do you no good if something else comes out tomorrow.

Also their are very few sure things here. Its going to be up to you to decide. You will be pushed a high pressure, high flow system like I got... and you will be happy. I would recommend you take a look at my sig, thats about as good as you can get... the only thing I need is to change out my fans for these $20 fans that blow air better then my *** after I eat chilly

Mike

Back